This Mother’s Day, surprise your mom with a hand-made sun catcher that’s easy, inexpensive, and fun! Take any Botanical Interests’ flower and follow our tips for pressing flowers here: Simplified Flower Press. We used pansies because pansies represent loving thoughts, and we love our moms!
Once you have your pressed flowers, gather the items below and get crafting!
Pressed Botanical Interests’ flowers
5 small binder clamps
1 roll decorative twine
1 suction cup
2, 5X7 pieces of acrylic or smooth edged glass
1 pair scissors
- Clean both pieces of acrylic with streak-free window cleaner.
- Lay your Botanical Interests’ pressed flowers onto one sheet of acrylic, making sure to keep the tops of the flowers facing the same direction.
- Align and place the second piece of acrylic over the pressed flowers.
- Place 1 clamp at each of the 4 edges and lock into place.
5. Attach the fifth clamp on the top edge in the middle. This will act as a hook to hang the sun catcher in the window.
6. Attach a suction cup to the window following the instructions on the package. Hang the sun catcher by the clamp or tie a piece of twine from the suction cup hook to the binder clamp.
Don’t want to hang it? Simply prop it up for display on a table or desk. Enjoy spring all year!
Are you crafting for mother’s day? Share your creations!